Challenger Sports' British Soccer Camp is the most popular soccer camp in the country. Hundreds of Challenger coaches each year have helped the company develop one of the most innovative approaches to coaching youth soccer in the US. Our experienced staff studies the game at all levels and we have identified the key techniques and skills that your players need to work on and master to reach their true potential.
Each day includes individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices
The early mastery of technical skills is one of the most important elements in the development of youth soccer players. Challenger’s NEW 1,000 Touches Curriculum has been created to address the key areas of technical development that have the biggest impact on their performance in the game.
Challenger’s New 1,000 Touches Curriculum will provide high levels of repetition of the most valuable and frequently used soccer skills and as the title suggests, it will give each player over 1,000 points of contact with the ball in each 3-hour daily camp.
TECHNIQUES COVERED THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
Each day, the coaches will take the players through a progressive series of skill building practices from unopposed, to opposed, game related and finally into a game.
- Soccer ABC - Players will improve their Agility, Balance and Coordination.
- Dribbling - improve the ability to change direction and move at speed.
- Moves - master more than 20 different ways to turn and fake opponents.
- Passing - improve accuracy, pace and 1st touch control.
- Shooting - improve power and placement with each foot.
- Tackling/Defending - imrove your tackling skills and learn how to defend.
- Freestyle - daily program of juggling, lifts and balances by John Farnworth.
- CAMP WORLD CUP! - Daily scrimmage tournament for your player to use the skills they have just learned!
Mid County Youth Soccer Club Summer Camp
Mid County Youth Soccer Club will be conducting 1-week youth soccer camps directed by Hillel Rom.
Hillel has been coaching in Santa Cruz for over 30 years and has assembled a highly qualified group of local coaches to assist him in making this camp successful.
The camp will be targeted to committed advanced players: boys and girls ages 9-17 that want to improve their skills and knowledge of the game through the use of Coerver training and small sided games. The camp will cover all aspects of the game from 1v1 to 11v11.
If there is sufficient interest we will have a goalkeeping component to the camp, so in the application please specify if you are interested in goalkeeping.
Location Anna Jean Cummings Park
Dates: July 25th-29th or August 8th-12th
Times: 9:30am-12pm M-F
Cost: $135 for the week
Early bird discount before june1st: $120
To register click here: http://cysanorth.affinitysoccer.com/eventmanager/public/event.asp?calid=7886438
To learn more about Hillel's Coercer training click here: www.coerver.com